The Bulgarian Citizenship Directorate issues the certificates and notifications in execution of a decree signed with a server certificate of the Ministry of Justice. You can see a template of the certificate here
Certificate for the execution of a decree shall be obtained only in person and only by persons who have made an electronic booking for the date and time of receipt of the certificate through the module “Search in Bulgarian citizenship files”, for which they have received confirmation on the e -mail address specified.
Persons who are to take action to be released from their former citizenship may receive a letter of notification that their application has been approved by the Citizenship Council at the reception hours of the Directorate after subscribing to one of the following e-mail addresses: L_Stoyanova@justice.government.bg or NeliTodorova@justice.government.bg and confirmation by an official of the Directorate.
IMPORTANT clarification regarding the persons who have submitted documents through the diplomatic or consular mission of the Republic of Bulgaria abroad.
The certificate in execution of a decree shall be submitted to the appropriate Consular Service for service. Upon receipt of the certificate, the person should state an address for registration in the Republic of Bulgaria in order to be able to take action for registration in the population registers. Bulgarian citizens living abroad who are not registered in the population register and cannot provide an address in the Republic of Bulgaria may declare the office address for registration – Sredets Region of Sofia.
The persons admitted as Bulgarian citizens shall provide to the official at the respective Consular Office two actual passport photos, necessary for the provision of a Bulgarian identity card and a Bulgarian passport.
For obtaining a certificate, the person must provide: Identity document;
- Two actual ID document sized photos;
- A receipt for state fee for obtaining of a certificate paid into the account of the Ministry of Justice with the BNB – Central administration, BIC: BNBG BGSD, IBAN: BG09 BNBG 9661 3000 1737 01
The state fees for obtaining a certificate in execution of a decree are as follows:
For persons who have acquired or restored their Bulgarian citizenship:
- BGN 50 – For persons who have a parent Bulgarian citizen or are of Bulgarian origin.
- BGN 20 – For persons under the age of 18 and for students up to the age of 26 (the person must provide evidence that is full-time students from the relevant educational establishment)
- BGN 250 – For other persons
- BGN 200 – For persons released from Bulgarian citizenship.
Upon receipt of the certificate, the person must state an address for registration in the Republic of Bulgaria.
Bulgarian citizens living abroad who are not registered in the population register and cannot provide an address in the Republic of Bulgaria may declare the office address for registration – Sredets Region of Sofia.
Using the “Search in Bulgarian Citizenship Files” module, you may book a date and time to obtain a certificate in case there is a decree issued to you.
If you have a decree issued and want to book a date and time to obtain a certificate, you should complete the following steps:
- On the Search by files page, enter the incoming application number. The incoming application number is in format “number/year”. Example: “123/2016”. The PIN code is entered in the document you received when you submitted your application to the Bulgarian Citizenship Directorate (for applications filed after 20 December 2015). If you submitted your application before 20 December 2015, your PIN is the number of the case in format “number/year”. Example: “234/2015”. If you submitted your application before 20 December 2015 and you did not have an interview, you will receive the PIN after the interview by an official of the Bulgarian Citizenship Directorate.
If the request is made by consular channel, use the module below for consular files. For search, you need to enter the file number in format “number / year”. Example: “231/2014”.
- After clicking the “search” button, if you have a decree issued, the system shall indicate “Your application is upheld…”. The message also indicates the reference number of the decree. A “Verify” button appears below the message
- Then you have to click the “save” button;
- From the calendar, you should choose a day convenient for you (within two months), in which the system checks for which dates there are hours available. If there are no hours available for that date, please select a different date.
- Fill in all other fields in the form. Fields are mandatory.
- Person – Name and Surname in Latin, in capital letters, written in the way they are written in the international passport;
- Passport – International Passport Number;
- E-mail, where you will receive a confirmation link for the date and time you have booked to receive the certificate. A copy of this confirmation must be carried with you upon obtaining of the certificate that will serve before the security guard of the Ministry of Justice for admission to the building;
- Scanned copy of passport. You can attach PNG, JPG, JPEG, PDF file. The file must not be larger than 2 MB. (If your file is larger, you can resize it by using Paint http://windows.microsoft.com/bg-bg/windows7/resize-a-picture-using-paint/);
- Click on the button “Book”
- If all of the data you entered is correct, the system will show you that you have successfully booked a date and time to obtain a certificate that you must CONFIRM at the email address you specified.
WARNING! THE DATE AND TIME YOU HAVE BOOKED MUST BE CONFIRMED BY THE LINK SENT BY THE SYSTEM TO THE E-MAIL YOU STATED. UNCONFIRMED REQUESTS SHALL NOT BE VALID AND THE BOOKED DATE AND TIME ARE MARKED AS AVAILABLE IN THE SYSTEM.
WARNING! UP TO 5 REQUESTS PER DAY MAY BE SENT BY A SINGLE E-MAIL ADDRESS. THE DATE AND TIME FOR A REGISTERED REQUEST MAY NOT BE CHANGED OR CANCELLED. A PERSON MAY MAKE ONLY ONE REQUEST. REPEATED REGISTRATION MAY BE DONE AFTER THE DATE OF CURRENT REQUEST.
- After confirming the link sent to you, you will receive a second email with a booking confirmation. You should keep in mind that you will be admitted to the Ministry of Justice building after you have identified yourself before a security officer with your passport and a printed copy of your notification.
- For security reasons, in the event of an error, the system will not give you information about its nature.